LEILA BIHKAK GUTIERREz
I am a cultural and mindfulness advocate, specializing in ancestral healing and earth based spirituality. Born in Colombia and raised in Morocco, I have a particular connection to our traditional ways that I bring forth in my offerings.
A folk herbalist, trauma informed addiction counselor, Reiki master and... (the list goes on) an experienced yoga teacher by trade.
A highly sensitive child grown in resiliency through my mental, emotional, spiritual and physical healing journey. An endless student, teacher at times, artist at heart, healer, guide... a sister of yours.
Overall, I choose to honor the infinite abundance of healing our Earth Mother provides us with. I have a service-centric practice and I am excited to live in a time where modern science constantly reinforces ancient wisdom. (not that it is necessary!)
Jaïa Devi is a medicine woman. Amazigh indigenous to North Africa, she was born in Colombia then raised in Morocco. She carried on her studies of western herbalism, shamanism, eastern philosophy and mental health. She is an experienced yoga teacher, Usui Reiki master, herbalist, addiction counselor and the list goes on. Jaïa bridges her understanding of the mind, body & soul connection in her practice through a psychosomatic and eco-spiritual approach. Deeply rooted in trauma theory as well as in ancestral matriarch wisdom, Jaïa Devi cultivates an authentic and non-competitive space for growth. Her offerings are an invitation to explore your inner perceptions as you reconnect to your truth.
· 2009 - present: International Social Project Management and Sustainable Cultural Travel | North Africa, West Africa, Latin America.
· 2010 - present: Wellness Educator. Yoga, Fitness and Meditation Teacher | Canada, Morocco, Guatemala, Brazil, USA.
· 2011- 2013: General Coordinator | Hochelaga Community Center, Montreal.
· 2016 - 2017: Addiction counselor | Humboldt County Mental Health, California.
· 2016 - 2018: Self-care advocate for people of color, Trauma sensitive yoga | Arcata & Grass Valley; Hoopa & Yurok tribal people, California.
· 2010: Psychomotor development | Quebec’s Council of Leisure
· 2011: Fitness coaching | CANFITPRO (Canadian Fitness Professionals Association)
· 2011: Reiki Usui (Level 1) with Valerie Chenus
· 2013: Holistic lifestyle coaching with Angie Chek | CHEK INSTITUTE
· 2013: Vinyasa yoga | YOGAFIT Canada
· 2014: Hatha yoga | SIVANANDA Organization
· 2014: Reiki Parjina (Level 1)
· 2015: Shamanism & Reiki Usui (Level 2) with Michal Aguila Blanca
· 2015: Herbalism with Jane Bothwell | Dandelion Herbal Center
· 2015: The Science and Art of Herbalism | Rosemary Gladstar
· 2017: Addiction Counseling at College of the Redwoods | CAADE (California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators)
· 2017: Trauma Informed Care | Humboldt County Mental Health / State of California
· 2017: Fatherhood and Motherhood is sacred | Native American fatherhood & families association
· 2017: Medicine Wheel & the Native American way of the 12 Steps | White Bison
· 2017: Trauma Sensitive Yoga, short course | Trauma Center
· 2018: Yoga for All with Dianne Bondy and Amber Karnes
· 2018: Reiki Usui Level 3 & Master Teacher | International Association of Reiki Professionals
· 2018: Accessible Yoga with Jivana Heyman and Amber Karnes
· 2019: Restorative Yoga with Jillian Pransky